Sunday, January 23, 2011

Never too old for braces

When I recommend orthodontics to my adult patients, the most common response is "I'm too old for braces." I find that most patients see the esthetic benefits of orthodontics but don't consider the functional benefits. When the teeth are crooked or not lined up properly, some teeth take more stress than others, leading to excessive wear from normal chewing function. A grinder or a clencher will accelerate that destruction. Excessively worn teeth create an aged appearance and may require complicated treatments in advanced cases.



Dr Ken Schweifler is a Dentist in Los Altos.
To request an appointment please call the office at 650-941-2166
or visit our Facebook Page.

1 comment:

  1. I had braces as a kid and then again as an adult. It was a pain, but I am definitely glad that I went through it!!!

    ReplyDelete